The history of our Animal Clinic goes back to 1982 when the building was acquired by McBride, Gribbon & McAuley Veterinary. Twice renovated since then, Firmount Veterinary Clinic as its now known, houses our clinic reception, back office, a welcoming waiting room, 2 consulting rooms, a preparation room, a theatre / x-ray room, kennels and a large animal pharmacy since 1991.
Our sense of consistency is also reflected in our team with Dr Brian McAuley, Dr. John Lavery and Practice Manager Patricia Shields who have been heading our extensive team since the early days.
Since we opened the doors to our clinic for the first time nearly 25 years ago, we have striven for the best medical and health care for our patients who include companion animals, equine and farm animals. Our dedication is reflected in our large patient base which has grown significantly over the years.
At Firmount Veterinary Clinic you will find a dynamic and devoted team that is both, highly skilled and always approachable, regardless of the distance, the late hour or the difficulties in reaching your location.
Animal Boarding, Nursing & Grooming
In 2013 we purchased a second premises, Ballyharvey Boarding & Nursing Kennels, previously known as Ballyharvey Country Club which was established by the Late William McQuillan.
We now provide dog grooming and qualified pet boarding for small animals that may have specific nursing requirements including diabetes or particular geriatric needs. Read More >
Firmount Veterinary Clinic is highly involved in a wide range of local activities where we provide our services free or at a reduced rate, including:
– Our work for MAAS (Mid Antrim Animal Sanctuary) Read More >
– Involvement with education and assessment of students at Greenmount Agricultural College. Greenmount Read More >
– Veterinary cover at our local agricultural show: Antrim Agricultural Society Show Read More >
– Veterinary cover for other local events including ‘Bark in the Park’, Antrim.
– School visits on request
– Accommodate work shadowing for secondary school pupils interested in pursuing veterinary related studies.
– Provide Kennelling Preclinical Extra Mural Studies (EMS) and clinical EMS for Veterinary students.
– Act as a base practice for Training nurses.
We are active member of the following associations:
– RCVS (Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons)
– NIVA (Northern Ireland Veterinary Association)
– AVSPNI (Association of Veterinary Surgeons practicing in N.Ireland)
– BVA (British Veterinary Association)
Ballyharvey Boarding & Nursing Kennels, 74 Oldstone Rd., Muckamore, Antrim
Firmount Veterinary Clinic today
Diabetic meeting at our Antrim clinic
Looking back: Before the first renovations started back in 1984